Hello Gorgeous Travallures,
I hope the winter season is treating you well, and that you are snuggled up, all warm and cuddly in those blankets!
If you didn’t know, I have been travelling South East Asia for the last 2 years and therefore I haven’t experienced winter for the last 2 years! Crazy!
Some of you may be thinking “You lucky sod” but let me tell you, I was so excited to be coming back during winter!
Not only was I craving some cold weather but I LOVE playing around with winter fashion! It is honestly my favourite season for fashion! There are many layers to play with and it lends itself to an opportunity for some great creativity!
When I got back, however, the stores were already filled with spring looks, for the upcoming season and it was also beginning to get a lot warmer…so it got me thinking, why not do a winter to spring transitional lookbook, so I get to play around with both fabulous seasons and hopefully give you some inspiration along the way!
Here are my tips:
I hope you like it!
1. Pair your Heavy Knit Jerseys / Jackets with a lightweight Bottom.
If you are not ready to let go of your some of your winter items just yet, that’s okay! Try mixing up your heavy winter jerseys with some light spring bottoms!
If the weather permits, throw on a lightweight jersey.
- Pair a heavy knit jersey with a stretchable and flowing Midi Skirt. This allows for a more comfortable fit as opposed to stuffing a huge jersey into a tight fitted skirt.
- Throw on a leather or denim jacket. This is an easy method to add a more edgy, different look to your outfit.
I originally planned to add a black leather jacket to this look, but I totally forgot to put it on for the photos! My bad!
2. Experiment with an off the shoulder jersey.
Experiment with some more daring and playful jerseys this season. We carried and supported the off the shoulder top during the summer months, why not allow them to make an appearance during the colder months.
Keep an eye out for the “one cold shoulder” look right now, it’s rather popular on the runway!
It gives you a chance to be a little adventurous with your wardrobe!
- Invest in an off the shoulder jersey or long sleeve top. They also have some very nice off the shoulder heavy knit jerseys.
- Try a Sleeveless Jersey
- The One Cold Shoulder look paired with some jeans and booties, that is a cute look!
Off The Shoulder Options
3. Pair your coat with a spring dress
This is one of my favourite winter to spring transitions. If you pair a spring dress with a coat, you have the freedom of taking a layer off or adding one in case the weather warms up or cools down. If you get cold again you have a warm cocoon to hide away in.
- Pair your coat with a colourful floral spring dress to add to the expectation of spring!
- Toss out the coat for a leather jacket to give it a more edgy feel. (Spring dress, leather jacket and sneakers make for the perfect outfit choice).
Spring Dress Options
4. Trenchcoat Madness
Bring out the trenchcoats Ladies and gentlemen!
This timeless piece is an essential item to have in your wardrobe.
The coat was first created during the first world war to offer up a more lightweight coat for the French and British soldiers as opposed to their heavy greatcoats.
The same is to be said for us all this time later, exchange your heavy winter coats from a more lightweight option!
- Pair you Trenchcoat with:
- Jeans & a Top
- Spring Dress
- It all just works…
5. Don’t forget about the humble Cardigan.
The humble cardigan is an easy throw, on throw off functional and easily stylish option to add to your outfit. They come in an array of colours and they are a more lightweight option to add to any outfit to make it a little bit warmer. They are also great because they are longer, giving you some extra coverage to your legs if you need.